Privacy matters but it can be confusing. This page explains our approach to privacy on our website and how it affects you.
We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed.
- If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with 3rd parties except where we are required to by UK Law.
These are just the key points. If you need detail, keep reading.
This website, like most websites, uses small text files called cookies. This section provides information on what cookies are, how they can be controlled and how we use them.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are widely used because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and therefore allow enhanced functionality.
You can find out more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
2. Controlling cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your internet browser to do so by click on the following link for further information: www.aboutcookies.org.
- To compile statistical data on the use of our website and its functioning, so that we can monitor and improve it.
- To facilitate users’ ability to navigate through our website, including to allow registered users to access secure parts of our website.
Measuring our visitors
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
If you Register on Our Site
When you register on our site we will do the following:
- Record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address.
- We will also collect and store information about the events you apply for.
- We also log the date you last logged in to the site – Note this is just the last logged in date and this is overwritten on each subsequent login.
We may send you email notifications to confirm events registration and event instructions.
We take many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of a website secure SSL encryption certificate for sensitive data.
- Hardware stored in secured datacentres behind firewalls.
- All access to information restricted by username and password.
Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Of course you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at 1254 (Godalming) Squadron Air Training Corps will ever ask you for your password, so please don’t trust anybody asking you for it.
Updates to this policy